18.11.15

Wig Wednesday

Hello again!
This is Danny and today I'll talk about washing wigs which is a pretty big issue for some (including me 2 years ago) .

I'll keep it simple, so:
1. Grab the wig you want to wash/untangle 

This wig was used for Mami Tomoe and I kinda tortured it...
2. Pour some lukewarm water in a bucket.
3. Add some fabric softener. (You can use any brand)
4. Put the whole wig under water and let it stay in the bucket for a while. (a few minutes or so)
5. Pick up the wig and rinse it from the water with your hands.
6. Repeat the process (2-5) but without fabric softener. Aka only water.
7. Now lay a towel on the floor and put the wig (as untangled you can)
8. Let it dry and massage the wig through the towel so the wig is kinda dry.
9. Now start brushing from the tips to the roots with a metal brush.

This is how my wig turned out. I also cut off the roughest tips.

Instead of fabric softener you can use conditioner but I would highly recommend the fabric softener since it makes the whole wig so soft! You can also pour in some shampoo or soap if the wig is really dirty.  

//Danny


No comments:

Post a Comment