23.11.15

Making it Monday!

Ah yes another week. To make this dull m
Monday better I'll be posting a quick "tutorial" of how I made the skirt for one of my most recent cosplay projects I did together with Danny. Nico Yazawa from Love Live in her White Day outfit! I've been asked this question a lot so here goes! 

( This cosplay is 100% self made except for the shoes).


The skirt was the most annoying part of this cosplay. Mainly because of the lace at the bottom of the skirt. As you can see on the official picture, the skirt and the lace is connected. I couldn't find any tips or tutorial on how to make this. So to make the skirt as canon looking as possible I did this: 
(Sadly I will not be able to post any work in progress pictures as I didn't think of taking any photos while making this cosplay). 

First I of course, bought a lot of fabric. White and two shades of purple, light and then a bit darker. 

I made the base of the skirt(s) just like any other circle skirt. (For this I did not need a pattern as I already knew how to make one). I repeated this step three times. Once for each skirt. I also made the second (purple) skirt a tad bit longer than the first one (white). And the third (dark purple) longer than the second one (purple). 

Once I was done with all three of the skirts I started cutting out the required shape of the "lace". For this step I was very very careful as I was cutting directly onto the fabric of the skirts. 

Once satisfied with the results. I used clear nail polish to secure all the rough edges of the "lace". This took at least two hours. 

To finish the skirt I then sewed all three skirts together, white on top of the purple, purple on top of the dark purple. 
Because of the layers of the skirt I decided not to add a zipper as that would make the skirt look less poofy.  Instead I sewed on a snap button to be able to easily get in and out of the skirt. 

//Lan

No comments:

Post a Comment