16.11.15

Making it Monday

Hello!
Me and Lan were thinking about starting a "Making it Monday" where we share how we make our cosplays. I must remind you that neither of Lan and me are professional sewers (not drains, the dress etc makers) but hopefully you'll get some kind of help by seeing our posts.

I'm currently working on my Anna cosplay and even though I have not come very far into the process I think that it's starting to look pretty good.

I used a rubber band around my waist so the skirt will be easy to put on and off. The only thing you need to do is to take about 2 inches of fabric from the top of the dress and sew along the edge . This will create a "pocket" along with the dresses waist. Now you'll take the rubber band (you can use any kind of band, it just have to be elastic) and attach a safety pin to it. The safety pin will help you moving the band inside of the "pocket" since it's bigger than the end of the band. When you have put your band through the whole "pocket" you tie the ends together and it's done!
As for the bottom of the shirt it's important that you zigzagging the fabric half an inch or so. This applies to everything you make but if you use the same kind of fabric that I use you defiantly need to. (I used a polyester blackout fabric

  For the corset I use a black fabric that has almost no stretch at all. I embroider the flower patterns she has on the front with a cotton thread. To secure the pattern I put some fabric glue on the back of the pattern. This is actually not necessary if you are a good embroider (which I'm not).
For the golden bands she has around the corset's edges I use a golden silk band. On the inside of the corset I use interfacing to stiffen it more.

And that is about how as far I have come. Stay active for more later on! 

//Danny


Disclaimer: The corset I write about is not actually a corset, I just call it that because that is the closest thing I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment